Alumni coffee break is a new event concept where recently graduated biochemists give a talk about the first steps on their career path and their current vacancies. During the event, each alumni gives a talk and after that studets have an opportunity to talk to them in break out rooms.
Participating alumnis are Annastiina Rytkönen (Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, THL, Kuopio), Pauliina Junttila (Finnadvance, Oulu) and Antti Kiviniemi (FinVector, Kuopio).
The schedule and themes of the talks:
- 14:00 Opening of the event, The alumni representative Eevasisko Mehtätalo
- 14:05 Corona crisis in state workplace, Annastiina Rytkönen (THL, Kuopio)
- 14:20 Having a job in new bioindustry company in Oulu, Pauliina Junttila (Finnadvance, Oulu)
- 14:35 Career path outside PhD Thesis, Antti Kiviniemi (FinVector, Kuopio)
- 14:50 Break out rooms will be opened. There is one alumni in each room and students can freely go to rooms and talk to the alumnis.
- 15:55 Closing of the event.
See you at Alumni coffee break!
- What? Alumni coffee break of Histoni
- When? on Tuesday 30.3. at 2-4 p.m.
- Where? In Zoom, link here: https://oulu.zoom.us/j/62554234739
- Why? Having a job after graduation is nice
- Language? Finnish, but if there are non-finnish-speaking Histonis present, the event will be held in English
- FB event: https://fb.me/e/EUw4kdDQ